You’ve Already Started!
- By reading widely in your industry or niche you’ve seen a lot of content. Now just save the best for your site.
- Click on the video Webinar on the right for the basics of content curation and how it can help your site get found
- Or scroll through this page for the key highlights!
Quickly Post some Content
- A simple curated post has your comments ‘selling’ the article to your clients.
- A short excerpt that highlights the article’s themes.
- And don’t forget the all important attribution link to where the article was posted!
- MyCurator creates this basic post in the WordPress editor from articles you like.
- Just add your comments and use our click-copy to replace the excerpt if needed!
Is Content Curation Legal?
- Yes it is, if you follow the principles of Fair Use.
- Don’t copy the whole article, or even a lot of it. Just a small excerpt.
- And always, always, link to the original article website!
- The article linked below gives a great overview.
- We curated it from multiple sources using MyCurator’s Notebook feature.
How does Curation Get My Site Found?
- Search engines see regular, new content showing up on your site, and they love active sites.
- The content is also vibrant – varied and deep.
- Well curated articles can rank higher than the originals because they answer the search question better!
- Regular curation leads to your own content creation, further helping your site (see the next section below).
Curation is A Short Course in Writing Original Content
- You start with short introductions and overviews, within your comfort zone.
- Those little comments have been growing into paragraphs at times.
- You start to gain a voice, and begin writing pieces based on several articles
- With that practice comes confidence, and the ability to start creating your own posts and articles.
- It becomes much more natural to sit down and write out your thoughts and ideas.
- You can now start creating your own content!